If you’re in a hurry and just want to find out what the best vacuum sealer for beef jerky is, then we recommend the FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer Machine.
Making beef jerky at home is a fairly simple process—all you really need is a good recipe, a quality food dehydrator, and a solid dose of time and patience. That being said, there are certain tips and tricks you can follow to improve the quality of your finished product, and owning a vacuum sealer for marinading is one of them.
In this article, we’re going to review the following vacuum sealers that are great for beef jerky:
- FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer Machine
- GERYON Vacuum Sealer
- Mueller Automatic Vacuum Air Sealing System
- NutriChef PKVS Sealer
- FoodSaver V4400 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealer Machine
- WAOAW Compact Vacuum Sealer Machine
What Are the Benefits of Using a Vacuum Sealer?
In order to understand what makes a vacuum sealer such a good investment, you first need to know the basic science behind marinades.
There are three components to a typical marinade: an enzyme, or acid, for tenderization; seasoning and spices to infuse the meat with flavor; and an oil to seal in the flavor and add moisture.
As the enzymes work to break down the tissue, the flavors are allowed to fully absorb into the first layer of the meat. The longer you marinate the beef, the more pronounced your flavorings will be.
When you use a vacuum sealer to aid in this process, the meat’s tissue is pulled apart still further, allowing the seasonings to penetrate more deeply. The vacuum pressure also removes the air from the sealed unit, leaving the meat to be fully suffused with the marinade. This also prevents the meat from spoiling too quickly, as vacuum-sealed meats can last for up to two weeks when the process is done properly.
It’s no secret that the proper seasonings are an essential component in beef jerky. If the flavor isn’t terrific, you’ll be disappointed with the final product—and the last thing you want is for all that hard work to go to waste. Making beef jerky may be a time-consuming process, but using a vacuum sealer will help to ensure great flavor—and with very little effort required on your part.
Vacuum Sealer for Beef Jerky Reviews
While there’s no question that using a vacuum sealer to marinate the beef for jerky is beneficial, not all sealers are created equally. Since the unit will be worthless if it doesn’t seal the food correctly, choosing the right one is vital. Read on to learn more about the top products on the market, and to determine which one might be the best value for your dollar.
- Stretch your dollar: Meat preserved with the foodsaver system in the freezer can last upto 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer burn free; prep ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh upto weeks later instead of spoiling in days
- Number 1 vacuum sealing system: Foodsaver keeps food fresh upto 5x longer compared to ordinary storage methods; Led light indicators easily guide you through the vacuum sealing process; Just press the vacuum and seal button to remove the air that causes freezer burn and spoilage
- Easy lock and latch: 1 handed operation lets you easily lock the lid with a simple turn compared to other competitive units that require considerable force with 2 hands to close and lock the lid
- Seal wet and dry items: No need for multiple modes; The patented removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe, making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain
- NRTL Tested & Certified Product: All Foodsaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable Product safety test standards; Safety is our number 1 priority
FoodSaver is a leading brand in the vacuum sealer industry, and this unit provides a good reason why. The one-hand lock and latch operation is simple, even for beginners, and the LED light indicators make the process even more hassle-free. The unit is compact and easy to clean, with a removable drip tray included for catching spills.
Included in every purchase is a starter kit, complete with rolls and bags to give you an indication of which ones you should buy in the future. Additional accessories, such as a vacuum hose and Mason jar sealers, are sold separately. The V2244 is compliant with current food safety standards, having been certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs).
The V2244 is set at an average price for this type of unit. Users should be careful not to get any oil or liquid in the area that’s meant to be sealed, as this can prevent it from closing tightly enough.
Connect with Real Jerky Makers
Because the Best Jerky Doesn't Come from a Store
- Easy to use
- Fast cleanup
- LED lights help indicate when to engage and release the vacuum
- Reasonable price point
- Compatible with a number of other attachments
- Must be used frequently, or else the gaskets might dry out
- Customer service tends to be subpar, should there be any problem with the unit
- Essential Tool for Kitchen: Vacuum sealers are an essential tool for any home cook. Not only will they save you time and money, but using them to preserve food adds unbelievable flavor, making even the simplest dishes stand out. This Geryon option is powerful yet has quiet suction capabilities and user-friendly functionality. Cut your food bill and never waste leftovers again with this high-quality vacuum sealer. Once sealed and frozen, your favorite foods can last up to 3 years
- Create a Airtight Seal: This beautiful and streamlined vacuum food sealer machine takes all of the struggles out of vacuum sealing, and has strong suction power and an automatic sealing setting that makes it super easy to use. Work with all 12'' width Geryon and other brand vacuum sealer bags and rolls with texture on one or both sides. With this food vacuum sealer, you can preserve fresh fruits and vegetables while they're still in season to enjoy in the off months
- Easy to Use for Dry and Moist Food: The integrated digital buttons and LED lights indicate sealing mode and other settings for ease of use. Press a single button for vacuum-sealed perfection. This user-friendly option makes it easy to switch between wet and dry modes to seal different types of food quickly and efficiently. The machine seals automatically and stops after air is drained up. Vacuum sealing your food can prevent freezer burn, reduce spoilage and food waste
- Detachable Design for Painless Cleaning: remove the entire top of the vacuum sealer to deep clean, and save space by sliding it in a drawer or wherever you have a little room to spare. Its slim design makes it easy to store just about anywhere, and since it weighs less than three pounds, you can easily move it around when needed
- Multi-use Starter Kits: it comes with everything you need to get started. Each kit includes the vacuum sealer machine, one vacuum roll, five pre-cut bags, a user manual, and one vacuum tube with an external vacuum pumping function that can be used for canisters, wine preservation, and more
This budget option offers simplicity in both form and function, as its no-frills operation is easy enough for beginners to understand. It’s also compact and easily stored, making it a good choice for smaller kitchens. Despite its relatively small size, the unit is capable of sealing bags that are up to a foot wide, so it’s suitable for whipping up larger batches of jerky.
While the automatic sealer function is hands-free, there’s also a stop button to allow you greater control over the vacuum pressure. Should you need additional guidance, the LED lights will let you know when the unit has finished its work. Typically, you should allow about one minute of rest before firing up the machine for another seal.
The starter kit includes five heat-seal bags, one roll, and a lifetime guarantee of support for the unit as a whole. Considering the low price tag, this warranty is a generous one.
- Low price point
- Lifetime warranty
- Easy to use
- Compact size
- Performance can be spotty if used too frequently
- Indicator light only tells you when the machine is sealing, not when it’s ready to begin
- ❇️ SAVE MONEY AND TIME: Cooking and meal preparation is now easier, more economical and faster, as you will be able to equip and organize your freezer, with fresh food ready to be defrosted and served or fresh ingredients instead of freezer burned food filled with ice crystals which will probably end up in the trash can.
- ❇️ COULDN’T BE EASIER: Fully automatic simple electric plug in design with the control center placed on the top panel and soft touch digital buttons along with led indicator lights. A smart device at your family’s service!
- ❇️ DUAL SEALING MODES: Useful and practical, the MUELLER vacuum sealing system is cleverly designed HAVING two selectable modes to provide your food with the best possible preservation based on the type of food you want to seal. You can choose the dry setting for solid food items and the moist setting for poached, simmered or steamed food.
- ❇️ TRUSTED MUELLER QUALITY LAB TESTED: Vacuum sealers preserve food up to 5 times longer than zipper baggies or containers, basically depending on the type of food. The Mueller Vacuum Sealer however, was subjected to harsh laboratory testing to effectively increase food shelf life and keep doing so for years to come.
- ❇️ EVERYTHING YOU NEED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX: Along with the vacuum sealer and the air suction hose, the Mueller vacuum sealer package also includes: 5 medium vacuum bags (7.8” x 11.8”) and one extra-long vacuum bag roll (7.8” x 79.0”), both kinds being reusable and waterproof. A complete bundle right out of the box.
The Mueller system features an easy-to-follow control center and LED indicator lights to help take the guesswork out of the sealing process. As a bonus, it also comes equipped with two different settings for moist and dry products, so you can also use the machine to store the finished jerky when your batch is complete. A suction hose, five bags, and an extra-long roll are included in the purchase.
Like the FoodSaver V2244, this unit is priced mid-range—but not a budget price either. The machine will take up more counter space than some similar models, but it’s flat enough to be stored easily when not in use. Finally, the motor runs quietly enough for the unit to be used at any hour of the day or night without disturbing sleeping household members.
- Average price point
- Easy to use
- Different settings for the marinade and finished product
- Suction hose included
- Measures wider from back to front than some comparable models
- Long wait time between seals—sometimes up to five minutes
#4 – Homgeek Vacuum Sealer Machine
- THE IDEAL MONEY AND TIME SAVING SOLUTION: Cooking and meal preparation will become easier, more economical and faster, as you will be able to equip and organize your freezer, with fresh food ready to be defrosted and served or fresh ingredients instead of freezer burned food filled with ice crystals which will probably end up in the trash can
- EASY TO OPERATE: Fully automatic simple electric plug in design with the control center placed on the top panel and soft touch digital buttons along with led indicator lights A smart device at your family’s service
- TWO SEALING MODES: Useful and practical, the NutriChef vacuum sealing system is cleverly designed owning two selectable modes to provide your food with the best possible preservation based on the type of food you want to seal You can choose the dry indication for solid food items and the moist indication for poached, simmered or steamed food
- LAB TESTED QUALITY: Vacuum sealers preserve food up to 5 times longer than zipper baggies or containers, basically depending on the type of food The NutriChef Vacuum Sealer however, was subjected to specific laboratory testing to effectively increase food shelf life
- A FULL STARTER KIT: Apart from the vacuum sealer and the air suction hose, the NutriChef vacuum sealer package also includes a wine stopper cork, 5 medium vacuum bags (78” x 118”) and one extra long vacuum bag roll (78” x 790”), both kinds being reusable and waterproof A complete bundle for your new cooking era
Another user-friendly machine at a budget price, the Homgeek is worthy of consideration whether you’re a casual user or an industry professional. In addition to the dry and moist food settings, this model offers both “normal” and “gentle” options, which may come in handy if you intend to use your vacuum sealer for other functions besides marinating and storing beef jerky. There’s also a built-in cutter for the bags, which helps to cut down on waste.
Users should note that the buttons are quite sensitive—something that comes in handy when you’re attempting a single-hand operation, but which can lead to accidents if you’re not careful. Five bags are included, and the built-in cutter will help you determine what size you’ll need before investing in more. This unit comes with a four-year warranty.
- Value price
- Easy to use
- Settings for dry and moist food
- Settings for “normal” and “gentle” food
- Built-in cutter
- Four-year warranty
- Users will need to take care with the overly sensitive buttons
- Large quantities of very moist food don’t always seal well
- Seal freshness in: Meat preserved with the FoodSaver system in the freezer can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer burn free; Prep ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh up to weeks later instead of spoiling in days.Includes: (1) 11""x10' vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon zipper bags
- Automatic bag detection: Automatic bag detection makes vacuum sealing easier than ever: Simply put the bag in the vacuum chamber and the machine does the rest to ensure your food stays fresh and flavorful
- Simple to use: Built in roll storage and cutter lets you easily make custom sized bags to fit whatever you seal, while led light indicators easily guide you through the vacuum sealing process
- Very consistent sealing: Guaranteed to reach an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal; The V4440 is durable, high quality, and backed by a 5 year limited warranty
- Automatic moisture detection: Smart technology automatically detects moisture and switches to the correct mode to ensure an airtight seal is achieved. The patented removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe, making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain
If you’re in the market for a truly hands-free, user-friendly operation, this automatic machine could be the answer. The unit features a vacuum chamber with automatic bag detection—just put the bag in the chamber, and the sealing process begins. There’s also a moisture detecting function that helps to create the perfect seal every time, even with moist foods such as marinated beef for jerky.
The display is sophisticated but not difficult to follow; functions are clearly marked, and the LED lights make them that much simpler to read from a distance. The V4400 is compatible with both 8- and 11-inch FoodSaver rolls, so you can choose the size that best suits your needs. Performance is consistent, and the company offers buyers a five-year warranty, which helps to justify the high price tag.
Additional items like bottle stoppers and Mason jar sealers are also compatible with this unit, but these are sold separately. Finally, note that the fully automatic models come with a trade-off—it’s difficult, if not impossible, to control how much of the bag is used and how much is wasted.
- Hands-free, user-friendly operation
- Easy-to-read display with LED lighting
- Moisture detection
- Compatible with a myriad of additional attachments
- High price point
- Automatic function can lead to excess bag waste
- Slow sealing process
- Customer service can be slow to respond when there’s an issue
This is a super-budget option with a price point that hovers at the lower end of the vacuum sealers currently on the market. If you choose to splurge on your dehydrator and don’t believe you have enough left over to afford an additional appliance, this unit might allow you to reconsider that position.
The WAOAW vacuum sealer is able to fit bags measuring up to 11.6 inches wide, but the unit itself is narrow and exceptionally easy to store. It will also take up a bare minimum of counter space, which could come in handy for smaller kitchens. Operation is hands-free and quite simple, with seal indicator lights to let you know when you can move on to the next batch.
The starter kit includes 15 bags and a user manual, along with the sealer itself. At this price, you shouldn’t expect many frills, but if you’re looking for pure function over form, the HoleCards offering should get the job done just fine.
- Very affordable price point
- Simple to use
- Easy to store
- 15 bags included in the purchase
- No warranty
- May need to invest in frequent replacements if used often
Whether you make beef jerky on a regular basis or just a few times a year, a vacuum sealer will help to ensure that your product is of the highest possible quality
We use and recommend the FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer Machine, but take your time and select the one that’s best for you
"You might be a redneck if you think that beef jerky and moon pies are two of the major food groups."
-- Jeff Foxworthy